Pizza tends to be the family’s familiar go-to food. Picking the kind of pizza, may not be as agreeable as eating pizza in general. I always say I’ll eat whatever and if I don’t like it, I’ll pick it off. My family and I love Thai pizza. I’ll share how we make Thai pizza at home so you can enjoy it around your own table.
My sister got our family started on Thai pizza and again just made it for us last weekend. Zorbaz in Central Minnesota makes the best Thai pizza. Thai pizza is not a typical pizza. I consider it more of a specialty pizza.
My sister came up with the recipe for Thai pizza and I altered it since I couldn’t get the Trader Joe’s dressing. We either make it in the oven or cook it on a grilling pan on the grill with lower temperatures.
If you would like a homemade pizza crust read my blog on Taco Pizza and you can use that crust for the recipe. For Thai pizza, my sister usually buys pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and I usually buy a premade thin crust from Walmart or the small ones from Aldi. I enjoy a crunchier thinner crust with Thai Pizza.
Thai Pizza Recipe
- 1 thin crust regular size or 3 small crusts in a package -Aldi
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes spicy peanut vinaigrette dressing or use 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Trader Joe’s brand) with 2 TBSP of peanut butter mixed into the sauce. (Need to heat together to blend peanut butter with sauce and will be thicker than the dressing)
- 4-5 thin slices of pancetta cut into small pieces. (You can also substitute cooked bacon pieces or cooked chicken pieces)
- 10-15 yellow banana pepper rings
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
Spoon dressing on pizza crust and add the cheese and the rest of the ingredients in the order you desire. Cook in oven 425 degrees about 8-12 minutes. Or grill for 5-8 minutes on lower rack and move to top rack for the last half of cooking. Don’t burn. If you used the sweet chili sauce- drizzle a few tablespoons on top of the pizza before serving.
I love the unique flavors and all the veggies on this pizza. Enjoy making the pizza and eating together around your table. Be adventurous in your pizza making and give Thai pizza recipe a try.
Sweet Chili Sauce- is a sweet and slightly spicy sauce with chili flakes sprinkled in the sauce. I have used Trader Joe’s brand but there are other brands you can try.
Pancetta- is from the pork belly just like bacon but it is simply cured instead of smoked. It can be sold paper-thin or cubed. I find mine at Aldi. I like how fast the thin cut cooks.
If you have any comments or questions let me know below and I’ll reply to you as soon as possible.